Position: Landscape Technician NOC 2225
Company: HML Staffing Ltd.
Business information: We are industry leading experts on the safe and quality driven delivery of landscaping projects. Our primary scopes of expertise are landscape design, landscape construction, horticulture, arbor care and landscape maintenance.
Business Address: 54314 Range Road 255, Sturgeon County, AB, T8T 0T8
Work Location: Same as above and various locations in Edmonton and surrounding areas, Calgary and surrounding areas, and various locations within Alberta depending on where our projects are located.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Survey and assess landscapes
- Construct and maintain gardens, parks, or other landscaped areas
- Provide advice to clients regarding horticulture, irrigation, plants and shrubs
- Landscape designers and landscape architectural technicians and technologists survey and assess sites, prepare drawings, sketches and reports and perform other duties to assist landscape architects in designing landscaped environments.
- Plant and maintain private and public lawns and gardens.
- Plan and construct landscaped environments which may include trees, shrubberies, lawns, fences, decks, patios and other landscape structures.
- Visit clients, assess the health of lawns, and apply fertilizer, pesticides and other lawn care products.
- Work with minimal supervision and
- Follow all safety and quality control
- Participate in site safety
- Drive to different job sites to perform job duties.
- Education: Completion of high school is required.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then a post- secondary education certificate is required OR completion of a two-to four-year apprenticeship program will help to qualify.
- Significant experience as a landscape technician.
- Enrollment in an apprenticeship program is an asset.
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Tight deadlines, combination of sitting, standing, walking, handling heavy loads, bending, crouching, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time, physically demanding, overtime.
- Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
- Personal Suitability: Client focus, team player, flexibility, accurate.
- Work Site Environment: Dusty, noisy, weather conditions (hot, cold), at heights, outdoors.
LICENCES AND SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- CSTS 2020 training is required.
- Standard First Aid training is an asset.
Salary: $24.05 - $26.00 per hour, 32 - 60 hours per week.
Benefits: Year-end bonus, transportation (vehicle) from one site to another provided.
Important information: Work schedule will be 6 days per week. Monday through Friday, the employee’s workday will begin at 7:00 am and end at 5:30 pm. On Saturday, the workday will begin at 7:00 am and end at 3:00 pm. Flexibility on schedule is needed, therefore, depending on the duties to be completed or the weather conditions, the employee could start earlier or finish later.
**We guarantee 30 hours of work per week** Overtime will be required.
- Apply through the link provided
- Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply by mail to: 54314 Range Road 255, Sturgeon County, AB, T8T 0T8